Emergency Treatment and Transport Subscription Program Since 2008
Morgan County Ambulance Service Emergency Treatment and Transportation Subscription Program
The Emergency Treatment and transportation Subscription Program offers protection to you and your loved ones from large out of pocket expenses associated with medical transportation by an ambulance. A basic ambulance charge starts at $900.00 plus $23.00 per patient mile, before you know it you are well over $1,000.00.
Insurance providers maintain the right to deny payment to any ambulance service and/or assess large copays and deductibles. This could leave you with a huge unexpected bill. As a member of this subscription plan, you will reduce and in most cases eliminate out of pocket expenses.
That's right, if you’re insured, you will not be responsible for fees not covered by your insurance, including copay and deductibles (unless you have not reached your yearly deductible). It’s that simple. Uninsured members or members who’ve maxed out their coverage or have not met their yearly deductible will receive a 50% discount.
If you're a subscriber and are transported by MCAS, all services determined by your insurance companies as "not medically necessary" (or that exceed your coverage), will be billed at a lower rate (50% less) for subscribers, while a nonsubscribers will be responsible for the total charge. In addition to the increases in healthcare, there have been drastic cuts by insurance providers for the services and treatments they'll reimburse. Did you know that unless you have additional coverage, your auto insurance no longer pays medical bills if you’re injured in an accident? Also, your health insurance is covering less and less which puts a financial burden on you.
Yes. However, our membership drive runs October thru December. Any memberships established after December 31 for the upcoming year will not be prorated and is nonrefundable.
- Your basic subscription covers the cost of medically necessary ambulance trips provided by Morgan County Ambulance Service within Morgan County, including all copays and deductibles.
- In addition, your subscription covers 50% of the charges considered by your insurance providers as a “not reasonable and necessary” ambulance services. If you’ve exceeded your coverage, you will also receive a 50% discount of the overall bill. Discounts must be paid in full within 120 days or, the entire bill will be assessed.
- No matter how many times you or your family needs Morgan County Ambulance Service, you’re out of pocket expenses for all medically necessary ambulance trips within Morgan County will be either discounted or totally dismissed.
Only if you've added the Long Distance Transfer Option. For a hospital to hospital transfer to be covered, i.e. Fort Morgan too Greeley, you must also have signed up for the Long Distance Transfer Option and it must be deemed medically necessary by your insurance carrier. If the trip was deemed not necessary or not covered by your insurance carrier you’ll be responsible for only 50% of the unpaid balance. Nonmembers are responsible for the entire balance.
There are several available options:
- Insured single memberships are $35.00, while uninsured is $50.00
- Insured family memberships are $50.00 (uninsured is $75.00), plus you can add a nondependent living in your home for an additional $15.00/person. Senior membership for those over age 55 is $25.00 or $40 for a couple.
- Long Distance Transfer membership will piggyback to your personal enrollment. This option will apply if you and your family members are transferred to hospitals outside Morgan County, for an additional $10.00 per person.
Enrollment Fees for MCAS Emergency Transport Membership
Option #1 Single members $35.00
Option #2 Family membership $50.00
Option #2A Add nondependent adult $15.00/person
Option #3 Single senior membership (age 55) $25.00
Option #3A Couple Senior Membership (age 55) $40.00/couple
Option #4 Long Distance Transfer Option $10.00/person
Option 5 Uninsured Single Membership $50.00
Option #6 Uninsured Family Membership $75.00
The program enrollment runs yearround with memberships being active from initial sign up date to December 31st. Renewal Enrollment is conducted yearly between October and December for the following year. Memberships are nonrefundable and are not prorated.
There are two ways to subscribe to Morgan County Ambulance's Emergency Treatment Subscription Program.
(1.) TO SUBSCRIBE AND PAY FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION ONLINE:
You can fill out the registration form and pay for your subscription online. A small transaction fee will be included in your payment but this process is quick and convenient and will save you postage and time in dropping off your form. To use the online process, click HERE.
(2.) TO SUBSCRIBE VIA PAPER FORM:
Click here to download the subscription plan application form. Fill out the form and mail it with the appropriate subscription fee payment (as indicated above) to:
Morgan County Ambulance Service
1000 East Railroad Avenue
Fort Morgan, CO 80701
If you have any questions, please contact us at 970-542-3570.