2022 General Election Official Results
Official election results will be viewable after 7:00 p.m. on election day, November 8, 2022, when the polls close. Election results will be processed in batches and a notice will be posted here when results for Morgan County are complete. Use the links below to view unofficial results. (NOTE: These links provide access to Morgan County results only - there is a link in the top right corner of the results screen that will take you to statewide results.)
Election News - 2022 General Election
- November 8, 2022 General Election - The ballot may include State and Local Offices and issues.
- Buffalo School District Recall Election
- Certificate of Sufficiency and Notice of Recall Election - and Notice of Recall Election - Buffalo School District RE-4J
- Public Notice - Released from Pamela M. Bacon, Logan County Clerk & Recorder - July 15, 2022 - To appear on November 8, 2022 General Election Ballot
Please check back often. As information changes, updates will be posted.
Frequently Asked Questions
MAKE A PLAN TO VOTE!
Are you ready for the General Election on November 8, 2022?
- Is your registration up to date?
- Is your address correct? Did you add or remove a PO Box, or had a name change?
- Make your corrections today to ensure you are able to vote for all of the candidates and issues in the area in which you reside.
- Check your voter registration information at www.govotecolorado.gov .
- If you are not sure about your registration information, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 542-3521, option 5 for assistance.
Your voter status may be inactive if you have moved and failed to update your registration. Inactive voters will not have a ballot automatically mailed to them for the November 8, 2022, General Election.
Ballots are not forwardable to your new residence. The Post Office will send the ballot back to our office as undeliverable. The address would need to be corrected by the voter and then at that time a new ballot will be issued.
A little planning upfront would help so that you receive your ballot in a timely manner.
When will ballots be mailed?
- Ballots will be mailed to Active Eligible Electors beginning 18-22 days prior to Election Day.
When can I return my ballot?
- You may return your ballot as soon as you receive the ballot. You do not have to wait to return your ballot.
Where do I return my ballot? We highly recommend that you:
- Drop your ballot off at the Morgan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 231 Ensign Street, located on Floor 1 of the Morgan County Administration Building, or
- Drop your ballot in one of three 24/7 Secure Drop Boxes (no postage required) located at:
- Town of Wiggins, Town Hall, 304 Central Avenue, Wiggins, CO
- City of Brush, City Hall, 600 Edison Street, Brush, CO
- Morgan County Administration Building, 231 Ensign St, West Alleyway, Fort Morgan, CO; or
- You may also mail your ballot using the envelope provided with proper postage BUT please be sure to allow enough time for our office to receive your ballot, as Post Marks DON’T Count.
What if I don’t receive my ballot?
- Contact our office to confirm voter registration and verify your address. Our office will be able to provide you with options for voting.
Can I track my ballot?
- Yes, you may online at morgan.ballottrax.net
What if I have other election questions?
- Call us at 970-542-3521, option 5 or email us email@example.com and we are happy to explain how Colorado’s election model works as well as the regulations our office is required to follow in conducting secure elections.
Know the Facts for Colorado
Rules for Determining Residency for Voting Purposes:
C.R.S. 1-2-102 (1) (a) The residence of a person is the principal or primary home or place of abode of a person. A principal or primary home or place of abode is that home or place in which a person’s habitation if fixed and to which that person, whenever absent has the present intention of returning after a departure or absence, regardless of the duration of the absence. You must have a residential address to register to vote. Once you establish a residence, it exists until you establish a new residence elsewhere and notify the election division of that change.
A residence is a permanent building or part of a building and may include a house, condominium, apartment, room in a house, or mobile home.
No vacant lot or business address shall be considered a residence.
A mail service business can not be used for a residence address. A mail service business can ONLY be used for a mailing address.
(II) (c) The residence given for voting purposes shall be the same as the residence given for motor vehicle registration and for state income tax purposes.
Note: For voter registration, you may not have more than one residence.
Your residential address determines what you are eligible to vote on for elections.
- If your residential address is within the City limits of Fort Morgan you would be eligible to vote on City of Fort Morgan candidates and questions.
- If your residential address is outside of the City of Fort Morgan you would not be eligible to vote on City of Fort Morgan candidates or questions.
Can a post office box be used or a mail service box be used as a mailing address for voter registration purposes?
- Yes. Post office boxes and mail service boxes are ONLY acceptable as a mailing address. Meaning, that if a homeless voter uses a physical location that does not have a mailing address (such as a park), he/she may provide a post office as a mailing address.
- Post office boxes, are NEVER acceptable for residence purposes.
- Mail Service Boxes, are NEVER acceptable as a residence purpose.
Need to update your address information?
- Got to www.govotecolorado.gov
- Stop by the Clerk’s office at 231 Ensign Street, Fort Morgan, CO 80701
- Call us at 970-542-3521, option 5, and we can mail you a form to fill out
|-Mail-in Application Deadline||October 31, 2022|
|-Online Application Deadline||October 31, 2022|
|-In Person Application Deadline||November 8, 2022|
|Ballot mailed to voters||Beginning October 17, 2022 through October 21, 2022|
Early Drop Off Location & Voter Service Polling Center Open
|-Morgan County Administration Building
231 Ensign St., 1st Floor - Fort Morgan, CO
Monday - Friday
|-additional hours of operation||Saturday
November 5, 2022
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon)
24 Hour Ballot Drop Off Box Locations
|All locations will be available beginning October 17, 2022|
|Located West of the Morgan County Administration
Building - 231 Ensign St, Fort Morgan, CO
|Brush City Hall - 600 Edison St, Brush, CO|
|Wiggins Town Hall - 304 Central, Wiggins, CO|
November 8, 2022
Election Day Voter Service Polling Center & Ballot Drop Off Locations
|Open 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|-Morgan County Administration Building||231 Ensign St
Fort Morgan, CO
|-Morgan County Fairgrounds||750 Ellsworth St
|-Wiggins Fire Hall||701 Central Ave
November 8, 2022 - General Election Sample Ballots
- Precincts 1-18 Sample Ballot
- Buffalo School District RE-4J Sample Ballot
- Weldon Valley School District RE-20J Sample Ballot
- Town of Wiggins Sample Ballot
- Residency in the state required 22 days before any Election to be eligible
- Voters may sign up to receive election and registration notifications by email at GoVoteColorado.gov
- Voters will remain "Active" unless they move out of the state or move within the county without notifying the Clerk's office.
Steps to Vote
Ballots will be mailed beginning June 8, 2020 to all active registered voters. If you do not receive a ballot, please update your voter registration at GoVoteColorado.gov by Monday, June 22, 2020 and one will be mailed to you. After June 22, 2020 ballots are not mailed and you will need to go to a Voter Service and Polling Center to update your registration and request a ballot.
Return your ballot by mail with paid postage, or deliver it to any one of our ballot drop-off locations. Ballots must be received by 7 p.m. on Election Day, June 30, 2020 to be counted.
Mail Ballots may be dropped off at the following locations on Election Day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Voter Service and Polling Center
Morgan County Administration Building
231 Ensign Street 1st Floor
Fort Morgan, CO
During regular business hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Additional hours will be held on Saturday, June 27, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
24 Hour Ballot Drop-Off Location
Alleyway West of the Administration Building
Located at 231 Ensign St.
Fort Morgan, CO