IMPORTANT - Motor Vehicle Registration Renewal Information
July Renewal Postcard Delay
Our office has been notified of the following information:
As the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles works to implement Senate Bill 21-260 - Sustainability of the Transportation System Act, a fee adjustment will need to be programmed into the state system, DRIVES, which will prevent renewal documents from being processed and mailed to customers for August and September renewals. Please check your vehicle registration to be sure it is not going to expire to avoid any late fees being charged.
New to Morgan County?
You may update your Colorado registration one of two ways:
- Online by clicking https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Link=VehicleAddress
- Appearing in our office with your updated ID or two approved forms of residency and the completed Morgan County Statement of Fact form.
"Skip the Trip" to the DMV
Click HERE for a description of all services provided by "Skip the Trip" to the DMV.
Below is a list of available online vehicle services with a direct link to that service:
- Motor Vehicle Forms
- Request a duplicate registration card - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Link=DuplicateReg
- Request a duplicate title - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Link=DuplicateTitle
- Estimate registration fees - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Link=FeeEstimator
- Become a third party IRP agent - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Link=IRPAgent
- Create an IRP account - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Link=IRPReg
For the following topics, please visit: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/vehicles
Proof of Legal Residency Required for all Motor Vehicle Transactions
- To register your vehicle in Morgan County you MUST reside in Morgan County.
- You must provide Secure and Verifiable Identification for ALL transactions and proof of insurance to register vehicles. SVID State Document and Form DR2842.
- If your ID does not show your Morgan County address you will be required to complete the Morgan County Vehicle Registration Statement of Fact form and provide two of the following documents (in hard copy or digitally from the provider).
Acceptable forms for residency are:
Current Utility bill (gas/electric)
Current Credit card statement
Current Pay stub or earnings statement
Current Rent receipt
Current Transcript or report card from an accredited school
Current Phone bill
Current Bank statement
Current Medical bill
Current Retirement statement
Current IRS/CO Tax Return
If you are looking for: Title Info, Registration Info, License Plates Info including Regular License Plates, Group License Plates, Military License Plates, Alumni License plates or other License Plates, Person With Disabilities Info, Other Information see the following link: http://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/vehicles.
Proof of insurance is required for all registrations, including permits. However, proof of insurance will not be required when registering trailers. Colorado requires that all registered vehicles operating on Colorado roads be properly insured. Effective July 1, 1999, all owners of Tax Class C (passenger, motorhome, and motorcycle) will be required to provide proof of insurance for the vehicle prior to vehicle registrations/renewal. Effective May 12, 2000, owners of Tax Class B vehicles (including light trucks and SUVs) must show proof of insurance before registering vehicles. Insurance from a previous owner DOES NOT meet proof of insurance requirements. Insurance is required to be in the new owner's name.
Titles that will be printed:
- Duplicate Titles
- Lien Releases
- Update Titles
- Only if a common owner stays on the title.
- Example: John & Donna are on a title and Donna only wants it in her name.
- Example: Donna is on the title by herself and she wants to add John.
- Example: If a title is in joint tenancy and one or the other owner wants to take the deceased person off.
- We will only print these titles if the state doesn't pull them for review.
- WE WILL NOT PRINT TITLES FOR LAST NAME CHANGES OR NEW OWNERSHIPS.
In Colorado, a one month grace period is given for all renewals. (Example: If your plates expire in February, you have until the last business day in March to renew your plates in the office.) Mandatory late fees are collected after the one month grace period. For every month past the grace period on your vehicle there will be a $25 late fee. This fee is in addition to standard renewal fees. This $25 late fee will also be added to expired temporary tags. Temporary tags DO NOT have a one month grace period.